The road to our house...its at the end in the trees.
Name sake
View

Sweetness!

Our deck

Vanity and closet

More sweetness!!
Bedroom/Livingroom
Bedroom/Livingroom/Dining room
Bedroom/Livingroom
Dining room
There are a whole lot of things in my life that are suddenly very new! The best one I can mention is my new marriage! I love married life! People told me that it was great but I really had no idea that Jason and I would be SOOO HAPPY!! Its amazing:) Marriage is ordained of God and I have a personal testimony of that now!
The second new thing in our lives is our move to Ketchikan Alaska! Yep, we are here again. Our plan is to only be here until the end of the cruise ship season which is in October. Hopefully the economy will be better then so we can find jobs back home. Gratefully it has been sunny and beautiful most of the time. It is cold but absolutely gorgeous! God spent extra time creating this part of the world.
I started a new chapter in my life as a substitute teacher. Yes, I am now one of those dreaded substitutes we all treated so poorly. Since the School District employed me, I have substituted almost every day at one elementary school. I am so grateful for the work. And for something to do since there are very few other things to do here.
We also received new callings in our ward. I was called to teach the 9 and 10 year olds in primary and Jasons is soon TBA. The youth here are extremely strong and good. Both of us are excited about all that we will learn from these children.
We moved into our first home here after our adventure of driving from Provo to Prince Rupert and then taking a State Ferry to Ketchikan. Its a small 10 bedroom, 6 bathroom. You know we are just starting out so we cant afford much:) No, we dont own it. We have been blessed to stay at the drivers house here for free. It has been wonderful but WAY bigger than we need.
Next Saturday we are moving into our new apartment! It is the kind I have dreamed of living in my whole life. Its the perfect starter apartment for Jason and I. I know you will all be jealous when you see how sweet it is! I love the windows and the green bathroom. Note: Our apartment will from now on be referred to as "the tree house". And from the pictures you can tell why.

4 comments:
What a fun adventure! It looks so gorgeous there. I'm glad married life is treating you well. Keep us updated on what is going on -- and I love the tree house.
Thank you sooo much for updating. I love it!Thank you for being so happily married, it makes me happy!
Holy cow Mandy, I love your tree house. It is gorgeous and perfect. I love living the newly wed life...we are still living it six years later:) {green toilet and all}. Love you!!
Mandy I didn't know that you had a blog! Adding you now to my link list!
Post a Comment